Thursday, April 15, 2010

Long Day

Today I had my first training shift at Starbucks. Wow, it consisted a lot of sitting, reading, drinking coffee, and computer interactive quizzes. For eight hours.
I really want to get to making things. I am a learning from doing kind of person. So all this reading kinda sucks.

So I came home, watched Ugly Betty, I think it was the last episode this season. I think. Then a slept for 30 minutes, which was much needed. Then i started my emulation project. We had to make a poster for Maritime Conservatory, but in the style of a graphic designer we studied in class. I chose to do mine of Herb Lubalin. Some of his work is :


This is what I did:

I think it kinda looks like Lubalin. He was a type designer, and I didn't want to buy his type for $43. I just don't have the money right now. So I chose the font that looked the closest.

It has been a long day. I am ready for sleep.

1 comment: